Liu Man Shek Tong Ancestral Hall
- Alternative Title
Liu Man Shek Tong Ancestral Hall was declared a monument in 1985
The original slide no.14 is missing
"In the 18th century, the Lius were very rich and prosperous, and this was reflected in the erection of the main ancestral hall, the Liu Man Shek Tong Ancestral Hall, in 1751. It is a typical three-hall, two-courtyard building, richly embellished with plaster mouldings, wood carvings and murals with auspicious motifs and pictures.
In 1932, the ancestral hall was converted into Fung Kai School to provide modern education. The school was moved to new premises in 1974. Restoration works on the Liu Man Shek Tong Ancestral Hall were undertaken in 1984 and 1994. " -- Antiquities and Monuments Office (AMO) website
The images are digitized by Pao Yue-Kong Library
- Resource Type
Source format: 50 slides : col.
Call No.: NA7123.L38